Sunday, 26 April 2020

Commodore 64 Breadbin (250407) VIC-II Cooler

I recently bought a 3D-Printed cooler for my "407" breadbin, and recieved it the other day. Well... It did take some 2 month's to arive in the mail. (That darn Covid-19) The cooler was not exactly as advertised. Different screws and not as perfect a finish as on the sales-ad on eBay. However it works and are hidden inside the machine. So who cares anyway.




It was a tight fit, and I had to solder the two wires onto the motherboard. However it works, and under it, I have the VIC-II 6569-R5 heatsinked. This makes a beautifull video output, just not as beautifull as the "466" board. Just close enough I would argue.




Not much more to say, that it works and looks fine enough. And the best of all, is that it makes my machine a bit more unique. Just the way I like my computers.


Thanks for reading.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment